Thursday, May 22, 2008

Just hours and counting!

So, the surgery is tomorrow! When I scheduled it (about 45 days ago or so), it seemed a long way off. Now it's a mere 16 hours away! Yikes! I have to be to the hospital at 6 AM where they will run some blood tests to make sure I'm in good working order biologically. They are scheduled to roll me into that freezing room at 8 AM where the man with the good knock out drugs will put me to sleep. When I asked the PS (Plastic surgeon) how long it would take, he said anywhere from 4 - 6 hours. Here's to hoping he's had a good night's sleep!

My mom is currently on her way down to my house. We are supposed to have a bit of dinner and I'm going to have her take some before pictures so that I can post them here. The nurses told me not to be concerned when I wake up because I will be bandaged up pretty good and it may look like they haven't done anything. THAT would be awful!

Thank you to everyone who has sent me good wishes and told me that they would keep me in their prayers. I truly appreciate it.

I'll keep you posted and look forward to sharing more with you later.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin