Friday, September 18, 2009

101 in 1001: A recap of the first 60 days

So, Sunday marked day #60 of 1001. I thought perhaps it was a good time to let you all know how I'm doing on my list of 101 items.

For the most part, it's been a productive 60 days.

I've completed 2 items already!

#50 was "Write myself a letter on Day 1 to be opened on Day 1001". I did it....I swear....Now I just have about 940 days to figure out where I put that pesky thing. Darn it!
#97 was "Buy a Wii". It's great fun, but apparently for me, it's more fun if other people are around for me to play it with. I got the Wii Fit and the EA Sport Active, but I haven't really done much with them yet.

Okay, those two weren't that difficult, but they're done, right? Sweet!

There are a few items that I keep track of on a daily basis and try to continually keep in mind as I go through my day:

#8 Collect 100,000 pennies. I got a really great start on this by hitting up all those people who I know collect change. That got me about 6000 or so! Since then they've been continuing to trickle in at a much slower pace. However, I have to send out props to a couple of groups. First, my parents brought down quite a few when they came for a visit a few weeks ago and my friends at bowling have been REALLY great. I told my teammates what I was doing and they quickly offered the pennies they had. Since then the word has spread and when I show up at bowling every week, there is routinely a sizable pile of pennies on the table at the place where I sit. I love that! They are the best!
#20 Donate 1,000,000 grains of rice through http://www.freerice.com/. This one I'm near perfect in my progress. As of day 60, I had donated 60,000 grains. Yeah!
#79 Walk 8,008,000 steps. This one is a real test of fortitude and perseverance for me at this point. I wear a pedometer everyday and have been religious about keeping track of my steps. After 60 days, I should have walked about 480,000 steps. As of midnight Sunday, I had walked a mere 389,000. Yes, that's right, I am over 90,000 steps behind! (Actually, as of press time today, I am nearly 100,000 steps behind! Ugh!) I felt good a few weeks ago when I went to MotoGP and walked nearly 30,000 in two days. That was then.....this is now. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be enough time in the day. I walk the Sasha twice a day (most days) and try to park about 4 blocks from my work. The problem is that I have a desk job, so my butt stays glued to the chair for about 8+ hours. I'm gonna have to find a solution to this dilemna. Any thoughts? Wanna go walk with me? Know of any interesting places to walk? Maybe a change of scenery would help.

I've also:

* Eaten sushi twice (I'm looking forward to September sushi!)
* Fed 1 expired parking meter
* Hugged 23 people (I'm always looking for volunteers)
* Sent flowers anonymously once
* Seen my parents twice
* Learned 40 state capitals
* Gotten 4 blog followers (welcome, new followers! Thanks for joining me!)
* Gotten rid of a few items that I own....MUCH more on this to come!
* Bought flowers 3 times
* Moisturized, photographed, crocheted (plastic bags) and prayed!

Check back often to see my progress.

Oh! And have I (or someone else) inspired you to start your own list? I'd love to hear what you've got planned! I'm always looking for ideas for list #3!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin