Sunday, September 20, 2009

The dogs days of summer


On Saturday, Sasha and I went to a little community park where they were having a neighborhood festival complete with square dancers and a jump house for the kids. There were lots of other dogs there and it was a great chance to catch up with our dog trainer. She was there testing dogs for a program that takes dogs into nursing homes and prisons for visits. I love fall for these activities. The weather was wonderful, the leaves were changing color and it was just a great day to be out and about in the city.

While hanging out with Sasha this weekend, I realized that in my next life I'd like to come back as my dog. On Friday evening, Troy and I went to the fish fry being held at our church and we decided to take Sasha with us. (I try to take her with me as much as I can because I think she would rather be out with me than stuck at home by herself and it also makes for good teaching moments to keep her training sharp.) While we were there LOTS of people commented that she was such a good dog and was very pretty. (uh yeah...duh!) As the fish fry was closing down, a woman came up and asked if Sasha would like some of her sandwich. Okay. Sasha certainly did like that fish. Then on Saturday while we were out, I decided to go to Dairy Queen for a treat (shhhh....don't tell anyone). The young woman manning the window asked if my dog could have some ice cream. She then gave her a little cup of vanilla ice cream. Nice! I'm not sure if dogs are actually supposed to have ice cream, but Sasha sure did like it!

Sure, as a dog you have to deal with ignorant owners who yell "Shut the f^*& up" (an ACTUAL thing I heard this weekend) when you simply do your job by barking at the strangers outside of your house, but for the most part, it's a pretty good life!


Seriously! Is this not the cutest dog EVER?!?



No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin