Saturday, July 2, 2011

Swimming in money like Scrooge McDuck



Here I am getting my post for NaBloPoMo in at the last second!

So, with just under 1 year left for my second 101 in 1001, I've been checking out my list and trying to figure out what I should tackle next.

On the list is to collect 100,000 pennies and then donate them (or the equivalent $1,000) to a charity.  I was doing pretty well for a while because the people on my bowling league (don't judge!) routinely brought me lots of pennies each week.

However, in the last few months, I've gotten behind the schedule of trying to get 100 pennies per day.  To be exact, I'm about 35,000 pennies behind schedule.  I have already collected well over 30,000 (they are REALLY heavy!), but I am most definitely behind the 70,000 that I should have!

The great thing about pennies is that most people think of them as being virtually useless.  That's great when I'm asking them to give me some.  Try that with quarters or dollar bills and I'm gonna bet people are a lot less willing to just fork them over.  After all, checkout counters don't usually have a Have a Dollar/Take a Dollar cup, do they?

So, here's where I need your help!  I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas on how I can catch up?  What are some of the ways you think I could get more pennies from people?  Am I missing some obvious plan of attack?

Help!  It's for the children!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin