Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Everything old is...."New Kids on the Block"....again?

So, this morning, while I was at the gym riding the stationary bike, listening to some chick music on my MP3 Player, I look up at one of the TV screens tuned to VH1 and who do I see? New Kids on the Block! All grown up. At first I recognized Jordan Knight and thought maybe it was just him doing some solo stuff, but when Joe McIntyre and Donnie Walberg, I knew it could be no one other than NKOTB!

As a teen in the late 80s and early 90s, I was a HUGE fan. I know they're cheesy, but in my defense, they were a boy band and I was in full blown puberty! I swooned for Joey McIntyre. My friend and I would argue about who loved them more. It was that bad.

So, with them as a piece of my long-gone adolescent angst, I'm not sure how I feel about them reappearing on the scene...literally. I haven't had a chance to listen to any of the music, but from the video I saw on VH1 full of scantily-clad women all pawing them and their nearing-middle-aged physiques, I'm not sure things bode well. My hope is that age might have brought more growth and maturity to them and their music. I'll give it a listen, but at this point, I'm skeptical.

On the other hand, if it gives all of us 30-something girls a chance to come out of the NKOTB closet, then I'm all for it!

Check them out for yourself if you want: http://www.nkotb.com/about/

2 comments:

The Reagan Recorder said...

Yeah, I saw that video, too. At least the barely clothed girls looked over 20. But, I thought it still looked a bit like robbing the cradle. I wasn't a huge fan, but I hope the best for them!

Anonymous said...

The album is gonna be great, the sencon single "single" with ne-Ye is totally fantastic, Timberland worked on the album too, it will be great, and the best bit is they all fit together and have as much of a giggle as they did first time around.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin