Thursday, January 6, 2011

Ever have one of those days?

I know I can't be the only one.  I know we all have THOSE days.  Here is a brief look into my day:


*)  I take a look at my checking account online and there's a lot less money in there than I remember having.
*)  I remember that it's the time of year when I get my annual review, so there is a glimmer of hope.
*)  I remember that last year I didn't get a raise because "times were tough", so another beam of light shines hopeful for me.
*)  The boss calls me in for the review and explains that, once again, I won't be getting a raise because I didn't have enough billable hours to warrent one.
*)  I explain to him that throughout last year I continually went to him during my down time to explain that I didn't have a lot to do.  After all, he's responsible for bringing in business.  I'm simply responsible for getting the work done.
*)  He says, "Yeah.  Still can't do anything for you."

Let me just interject here.  I am SOOO thankful to have a job at a time when so many do not.  I am just miffed that the actuary profession as a whole is not very good at keeping equality of the sexes in mind when paying their employees.  I also don't have all of the letters behind my name that I want.  As a result, I am seriously underpaid.

*)  Luckily for me, there are people out there who are willing to help me out during these time.  (Thanks Mom and Dad!)
*)  The old me would have stewed about this for a couple of days.  The new me is starting to study and spending every possible moment doing billable work.

Now if only I can avoid feeling like a loser because I had to ask my parents to help me financially.

On the bright side, this is a new year and there's always tomorrow.

....Now back to that billable time!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin