I've been giving this some thought for a little while and I've come up with a few things to start the launch of Heather 2.0. I'm sure these things will be tweaked throughout the year, but this is what I have to start:
* I will remember that I am not responsible for the happiness or unhappiness of others. It is not my intention to bring sadness or pain to other people, but when their need for me to say "Yes" conflicts with my need to say "No", one of us has to be disappointed and for too long, it has been me. That sounds horrible, but it's actually a way of being kinder.
* Every day I will do things that show and reinforce that I love myself. These things includes, but are not limited to:
* Getting enough sleep.
* Getting enough exercise.
* Eating the things that will keep me healthy and energized.
* Taking my medication(s) daily as prescribed.
* Saying "No" when "Yes" would detrimental to my well-being.
* Forgiving myself when I inevitably fail to do any of these things.
It probably doesn't seem like very many resolutions right now, but they, as I am also, are a work in progress. Besides it doesn't do any good to give away all my secrets right away, does it?