Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A New Life's resolution - Day #78 (Physical)

If you're just joining us, check out the explanation of my "New Life Resolution"

Day #78 - Physical

According to www.definitionofwellness.com, "The physical dimension of wellness encourages cardiovascular flexibility and strength and also encourages regular, physical activity. Physical development encourages knowledge about food and nutrition and discourages the use of tobacco, drugs and excessive alcohol consumption. Physical Wellness encourages consumption and activities which contribute to high level wellness, including medical self-care and appropriate use of the medical system."
 
I know I promised you my thoughts on "eating right", but inspiration has steered me a different way this week.  I promise I'll get back to the regular plan in the coming weeks, so stay tuned.
 
As I enter week 12 of my "new life", I've realized that at some point, these 6 dimensions of wellness have become part of my thoughts on a daily basis.  It's not just because I'm looking for blog fodder, which I usually am, but also because I'm trying to change from the inside out.  So I wasn't very suprised this last Sunday as I participated in the Indianapolis Race for the Cure, that I spotted all of the dimensions of wellness in all their glory all around me.  I decided to snap a few pictures and since rumor has it that a picture is worth 1000 words, I'll let the photos do (most of) the talking this week.  (Donations are always welcome to help fight this disease, so if you'd like to give, just click on the Race for the Cure link above.)
 
PHYSICAL
 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bravo, this idea is necessary just by the way

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin