Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Lent Day 7: Newfound time!

The other day I told you that I had given up playing video/online games for Lent.  I was sure it would be a struggle for me to do because they are sort of habit for me.  If I want to relax, I play.  If I am feeling stressed, I play.  If I am bored, I play.  I definitely think it could be considered an addiction of sorts.

The first few days I think it was sort of like going through withdrawal.  After the initial sort of "what do I do now?" feeling, I got busy!  I have a huge Pottery Barn chalkboard in my kitchen covered with my To Do list.  It a list of just SOME of the things that I feel like I need to do/fix/clean around my house.  That list has been there for ages with little action taken on the items because of my "lack of time".  Well, guess what I found!  Loads and loads of time that I was simply wasting on video games!

I used to feel like I hardly any time in the evening after working a full time job all day.  That's not the case this week!  On Monday night, I organized some of my Ebay items (more to come on that later) so that I could list some more things in the coming days.

Tonight,  I FINALLY checked a big item off of my list!

I don't have a pantry.  In fact, I ENVY people who do.  Instead, I bought a couple of bookcases from Ikea and made my own makeshift pantry.  I'm not thrilled that they are open and don't have doors (I like to keep things tidy behind doors), but I am making do.  So, with all of my newfound time, I spent about an hour and cleaned out my cupboards, chucked out of date items, cleaned shelves and put everything back all neat and tidy ala "Sleeping With the Enemy".  (All of the labels have to face out).  It's not done yet, but at least I've made some progress!

Lent is 40 days long, so I'm looking forward to get some more things crossed off of that big chalkboard! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin