Monday, July 20, 2009

Week # 1 summary

Week # 1 Summary

Items completed: 1 (#50)
Items in progress: 14
Items remaining: 100

After 1 week, here are where things stand:

I completed #50. Write myself a letter on Day 1 to be opened on Day 1001. Now I just have to find a place to put it so that on Day 1001, I can find it. Any suggestions?

Items that are currently in progress:
4. Make one blog entry every day for a month. This is day 1. Ugh.
8. Collect 100,000 pennies. I currently have 768. I had 410 on Saturday, but Troy empties out his change into a bowl on his dryer and I coveted it. He VERY graciously let me have them for my little project. That nearly doubled my penny count! Sweet! Thanks Troy! In order to stay on track, I have to collect about 100 a day, so I'm ahead of schedule.
16. Hug 50 people. Thus far, I have hugged Troy. I need to remember that this one is on the list. It may take quite a bit for me to step out of my comfort zone and ask people if I can hug them.
20. Donate 1,000,000 grains of rice through www.freerice.com. In order to stay on track, I should donate about 1,000 grains per day. I'm currently at 4,500, so I'm just ahead of the game.
28. Learn all the state capitals. So far? 1/50. Of course, it helps that I actually LIVE in Indianapolis, so that makes it easy. Does anyone have a suggestion for learning these? A great website? Flash cards?
31. Learn 50 phrases in American Sign Lanquage. My friend Oksana volunteered to help me with some of these. Her son doesn't speak very much, so they've struck upon teaching him sign language as an alternative way to communicate. So far, I've learned, "How are you?"
33. Find a word of the week and use it 3 times during the week. Last week's word was procrastinate. As in, I hope I don't procrastinate and fail to finish all the items on my list.
45. Get at least 10 official followers on my blog. I currently have one and I have no idea who it is. If it's you, please give a shout out and let me know who you are. Thanks!
56. Pray for those I love once a week. 1/144 done.
57. Pray for those I don't love once a week. 1/144 done. This one is very difficult to do.
79. Walk 8,008,000 steps. So far, I've completed 22,602. That's about 2,400 per DAY that I'm behind already. I need to get moving. I once heard a phrase that sticks with me. If your dog is fat, you're not exercising enough. Amen!
84. Moisturize daily. Check! I may have been given some good genes in terms of retaining my youthful looks, (my mom doesn't look near what her age is) but it's always good to help them out.
90. Take one picture every day. So far I've accomplished this, but I haven't really done anything artisits yet. Hopefully I'll perk up the quality of the shots soon.
96. Make plastic bags to use up all the plastic bags I currently have. It takes about 100 bags to complete one of these reusable grocery bags. My friends and family have been VERY generous with the bags, so they are beginning to take over my craft room. I MUST dig myself out.

What's on the agenda for Week #2? All of the above and I might try to get in my flower purchase and sushi dinner. Yum! I love any excuse to eat sushi!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

a great find for panda fanatic!
my roommate and i LOVE this bag
hkpanda.freetzi.com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin