Wednesday, November 9, 2011

It doesn't hurt to ask!


This morning as I was going through my bills that need to be paid, I noticed that one of the credit cards that I have charged me a small finance fee despite the fact that I paid off the card before the end of last month.  The only thing that I use this card for is balance transfers and until this month, it was carrying a 0% finance fee.  I guess the 0% promotional rate expired this month, so they were charging me a fee based on the daily balance and my current rate on that card.

I have been a loyal customer with them for quite a while.  I always pay my bill on time and I am nowhere near the limit on that card.  (I could buy a VERY nice car with the limit on that card alone! - YIKES!)  So I decided to practice what I preach to my friends.  I am always telling them that if they aren't happy with the rates they are getting on their credit cards or the fees they are being charged, call them up and see what they can do for you.  If you are a good customer with a good record of payment, you are worth your weight in gold to them and they have a LOT of leeway as far as rates and fees go!

So, I called them up.....  On the phone..... And requested that they remove the finance fee (less than $7.00).  That is all.  I didn't raise a big stink.  I didn't get mad (it was only $7.00).  I simply asked if they might be able to remove that fee for me.

And they did!  After looking at my history with them, Ron, the very helpful customer service man said, "Why, yes, Miss H.  I would be happy to do that for you!"


So, now that I'm $7.00 ahead, I'm going to use my credit card "winnings" to go buy lunch.  It will be the yummiest sandwich ever!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin