Saturday, November 12, 2011

Songfest Saturday #2

It's week #2 of my Songfest!

This week I thought I'd share an artist whose music I have come to love.  Amazingly enough, I didn't actually find her myself.  Instead, Troy stumbled upon her music and bought her CD for me for Christmas a while back.  It was truly an amazing gift and I was overwhelmed by how much he "got me" by choosing to share her music with me.  She spoke to my musical interests (and my soul) in a language the I felt like I knew by heart.  Before I knew it, she had joined the short list of my go-to artists that I would search for on a regular basis.

Her name is Kris Delmhorst.  For the album that Troy purchased for me, Ms. Delmhorst took the lyrics to some amazing poetry and added her own music.  It's such a phenomenal thing when you love not only the music, but the lyrics as well.  That is when music REALLY speaks to me!  Here are a few of my favorites:



To check out her latest offering "Cars" go to www.krisdelmhorst.com.  It an album of songs by the Cars with her own arrangements and unique voice.  Check it out!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin