Saturday, November 5, 2011

Songfest Saturday #1

I don't know about all of you, but sometimes on the weekends, when I SHOULD have some free time for perusing all of the lovely blogs on my blogroll, I don't seem to have that time.  Instead, my Saturday usually gets filled with laundry, dishes, taking the dog to the park, cleaning up the mess around the house that I made during the week and any and all other projects that haven't been crossed off my to do list.  So instead of bringing you a long-winded post, I thought Saturday afternoon might be the perfect time to share some of my favorite music.

As anyone who knows me can attest, I'm a big fan of rooting for the underdog and that extends to the artists who fill my MP3 player.  I LOVE finding artists that hardly anyone has heard of.  It's a great way to find undiscovered talent when they are in the phase where they truly appreciate their fans.

I had the pleasure of going to see "The Civil Wars" last night with a friend.  They are an amazing duo made up of Joy Williams and John Paul White that is fun and funny.  (Yes, John Paul does look an awful lot like Johnny Depp!)  I'm sure I've share them with you here before.  Here's one of my most recent favorites of theirs.  It's called "I've Got This Friend":



Their opening act was Milo Greene made up of 4 guys and a girl.  They are in their mid-twenties and a real pleasure to listen to.  They have a mini CD consisting of just 4 songs, which feels like an appetizer to a meal I can hardly wait to taste!  It's great to see them in the formative stage.  I just know they are gonna go somewhere!  Give them a listen:

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin