Friday, October 16, 2009

Fabulous Friday Finds - Cari Ray

I've spoken before about how music really moves me. I'm not sure if it's my tendencies towards being melancholy or just that I'm deep and introspective (I'm guessing the first one), but I LOVE to find music and musicians that hardly anyone knows about. Mostly the music I am drawn to Troy (lovingly) refers to as "music to menstruate by" because they generally consist of a chick and a guitar. (He really needs to expand his horizons.) I've tried to find artists that speak to my soul in other genres, but they just don't do it for me the same way.

Through the beauty of Facebook, I stumbled upon such an artist the other day. (Since #63 on my list is also "Find 3 new musical artists whose music speaks to my soul", it's nice to know I'm making progress.) Her name is Cari Ray and she's actually sort of a local gal. She's having a CD release concert on Saturday night here in Indy and come hell or highwater, I will be there! I don't care if I have to go alone.

So far, my favorite song of hers is "Close to the Pain". Here's a sample of the lyrics:

The closer I get to the spotlight the closer I am to the pain
I cahse off the stories I lean on and stare down the truth that remains
I know that I had to come this far to go back to places I've been
I'll come back with keys to my freedom and burn up my wings flying in.

Check out her music here!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin