Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The first 100(ish) days

Last Friday (October 23rd) was day #100 of my second bucket list. Perhaps it's time for a review of my progress. Shall we?

The Good:

5. Eat sushi once a month. {I know - it's my burden to bear, but I'm muddling through. ;-) } So far so good on this one. I just need to find some time in these last few days of October to grab myself a Canadian Roll from Ocean World. YUM!

13. Feed 3 expired parking meters. So far, I've done one. I have plenty of time and I pass about 100 of them every day on my way to/from work, so I'm not worried.

16. Hug 50 people. With 25/50 under my belt, I'm doing really well, but I need to remember this one is on the list more often.

17 Buy tickets to and attend a charity dinner - COMPLETED 09/17/2009! The church I attend had a fish fry in September and I enjoyed the fish very much. It wasn't what I had originally thought of when I came up with this list item, but it definitely fit the bill.

18 Send flowers anonymously 3 times (1/3) - Check this one out HERE.

20 Donate 1,000,000 grains of rice through http://www.freerice.com/ (92,180/1,000,000) - So far this one's not that bad. I'm a little bit behind, but it's not that labor intensive and donating a couple extra grains of rice a day is a pretty easy thing to do. Have you done it yet? Check it out.

21 See my parents at least once a month (4/34) - Mom and I try to get together once a month anyway to scrapbook. They generally come down to my house, but I've been up to their once so far too. Not bad. I'm right on schedule. This one's really important I think because if you think about it (which I try not to), I probably don't have THAT many more visits left with them. If I see them once a month and they live for another 20 years (they are both around 60), that's only 240 more times. If that represented the number of days in a year, I would only have 8 months left with them. That's clearly not long enough.

25 Help build a house for someone - I'm totally doing this one tomorrow on a Habitat for Humanity project. Yeah!

39 Read the whole Harry Potter series (0/7) - I'm about 1/2 way through the first book. Perhaps this one should be in the "bad" category for the lack of progress I've made?

45 Get at least 10 official followers on my blog (10/10) - COMPLETED 10/24/2009!!! SCORE! When I first put this one on here, I was sure it would be really difficult to complete, but I get to cross it off already!! I love my followers. I especially love Kelsey Dahlin for putting me over the top. Why don't we try for 100? Haven't joined yet? Well I still have a few open slots, but they're going quickly! ;-)

50 Write myself a letter on Day 1 to be opened in Day 1001 - COMPLETED 7/17/2009. Done, but I still have to find it. Dang it.

56 Pray for those I love once a week (15/144) & 57 Pray for those I don't love once a week (15/144) - still praying.

69 Find 3 new musical artists whose music speaks to my soul (1/3) - I'm really, really, really pleased about my find in Cari Ray. You should totally check her out if you haven't done so already.

70 Buy flowers once every month (4/34) - I've been quite pleased with my selections so far. That reminds me that I haven't shown you my lovely picks for August, September and October. Gorg!

84 Moisturize daily (106/1001) - I'm so moisturized, I practically squish when I walk. Well...maybe not..

97 Buy a Wii - COMPLETED 7/22/2009 - The Wii is by far the coolest gaming system ever. I {heart} the super hula hoop. Seriously. Too much fun!
The Bad:

8. Collect 100,000 pennies (8,600/100,000). I was doing REALLY well on this one for quite a while because I raided all of the pennies from all the people I knew. Any suggestions on how to get more? They do still dribble in and the bowling team is a HUGE help! Thanks, "Clean Slate".
{EDIT: Last night when I got to the bowling alley, I had a red velvet bag from one of my team members. It held over 900 pennies! Sweet! Now instead of being about 2000 behind schedule, I'm only a little over 1,000. That's a big boost for me!}
28 Learn all the state capitals (40/50) - Ugh. I'm right on top of that, Rose!
66 Place 100 inspirational notes around me to inspire me (5/100) - I actually have done a few of these, but I need to do a few more and of course, I need to share with you what inspires me.
90 Take one picture every day (106/1001) - I don't think I've actually taken one picture every day, but I've definitely AVERAGED well more than 1 picture per day. I think that still counts. I guess that's beauty of it being MY list. I get to make up the rules, right?
The Ugly:
58 Get rid of 101 items I own (3/101) - I am REALLY frustrated with the amoun of stuff that I have in my house and despite busily cleaning out drawers and cupboards and closets galore, I haven't actually gotten RID of the things yet. They're all just packed in boxes so far. They. Must. GO!

79 Walk 8,008,000 steps (603,000/8,008,000) - Ok, so it's LOT harder to catch up than it is to fall behind on this one. You would think I could catch up on the weekends, but instead all I want to do it lounge and I end up getting 4,000 steps in that day instead of 8,000. I am currently {gulp} about 160,000 {GULP GULP} steps behind. EGADS!
So that's what the first 100(ish) days look like for me so far. I'm really looking forward to helping with the house tomorrow. I'll let you all know how it goes!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin