Saturday, March 20, 2010

A New Life's resolution - Day #62 (Social)

If you're just joining us, check out the explanation of my "New Life Resolution"

Day #62 - Social

According to www.definitionofwellness.com, "The social dimension of wellness encourages contributing to one's human and physical environment to the common welfare of one's community. Social Wellness emphasizes the interdependence with others and nature. It includes the pursuit of harmony in one's family. As you travel a wellness path, you'll become more aware of your importance in society as well as the impact you have on nature and your community. You'll take an active part in improving our world by encouraging a healthy living environment and initiating better communication with those around you. You'll actively seek ways to preserve the beauty and balance of nature along the pathway."
 
This week I've decided to do something a little different and totally steal an idea from a friend of mine that writes a blog called Your Pal, Jill. She is a wonderful writer that I went to college with. She's a huge fan of old-fashioned letter writing and all that that entails, so her blog is a series of letters to people/places/things she has messages for. Check her out because she's very witty!
 

The social letter goes to the founders of Creative Memories:

Dear Cheryl and Rhonda:
     I'm sure you won't remember me, but I was once one of your consultants.  From the late 90's until a few years into the new millenium, I told people about your products and mission for a profit.  Now I just do it for fun.  In the 12 years (!) since I was first introduced to your amazing company and their mission to help us preserve our memories, I have become a big fan and a constant evangelist for what you stand for.
     I have completed over 13 photo albums/scrapbooks of my life in that time. The photos and stories contained in them tell of Christmases and Easters, motorcycle adventures and trips with my girlfriends and family.  I was always a fan of photography, but you have made me into a historian of my life.  I can see the value in that now as the last decade has passed, but I'm sure as I grow older and people go out of my life, these albums will become priceless ties to all those I have loved and the life I have lived.
     While these albums and your company has been a joy to me on a personal level, more important are the times I've been able to spend with family and friends working on documenting our memories and making more in the process.  I've met new friends who I've grown to love.
     My most fond memories of these times spent over pictures and paper are those made with my mom every month.  Despite our busy lives, we've made a commitment to get together once a month for a whole weekend of "scrapbooking".  We laugh over silly pictures and stories.  We grow sad over loved ones we've lost.  We eat junk food and watch epic movies all day long as we write and cut and glue down not only photos of our lives, but the ties that bind us together as well.
     So thank you for the memories you've helped me make and preserve.

Creatively yours,
Heather

1 comment:

Jill said...

Dear Heather,

Thanks for the shout out--I enjoyed reading your letters!

Your pal,
Jill

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin