Wednesday, June 2, 2010

NOW - National Organization for Women

From my "Believing in Ourselves" daily quote calender (Sunday, May 30th):

"I never set out to start a women's revolution.  I never planned it.  It just happened, I would say, by some miracle of convergence of my life and history, serendipity, one thing leading to another."

- Betty Friedan, writer and cofounder of the National Organization for Women

As I sit here today, free to write this (and most any other thing I want to write which promotes the welfare, rights and privileges of women), I thank Betty and the other brave founders of NOW who have done so much for the women of our society.  NOW continues to promote the welfare of women and other oppressed groups in other countries around the world.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin