Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A New Life's resolution - Day #31 (Spiritual)

If you're just joining us, check out the explanation of my "New Life Resolution"

Day #31 - Spiritual

According to http://www.definitionofwellness.com/, "The spiritual dimension of wellness involves seeking meaning and purpose in human existence. It includes the development of a deep appreciation for the depth and expanse of life and natural forces that exist in the universe."


Tonight as I was driving home and trying to come up with something to blog about for my spiritual dimension of wellness, I saw the sun.  Not the Son, mind you, but the sun!  Here in Indiana during February, the sun becomes a somewhat mythical creature akin to a unicorn or a yeti.  But, alas, I witnessed it with my very own eyes!

With sights of the sun come thoughts of spring.  It's like a fresh breeze rushes over my soul at the mere thought of warmer weather and clear roads.  A young girl's thoughts immediately turn to....


MOTORCYCLES!

The mere thought of the wind in my hair (or at least through the visor of my helmet), a full tank of gas and a wide open road ahead of me immediately makes me feel closer to God (or at least reminds me of my mortality!).  It's hard to describe the feeling of suiting up in my fabulous pink jacket and pink gloves, inserting the earbuds to my MP3 player, popping on my gorgeous pink helmet and setting off down the road heading to destinations unknown with tunes that I love flooding my head.  It is the epitome for freedom for me.

Alas, last year I didn't ride that much.  GASP!  What?!?! I KNOW!  I blame Sasha, the world's cutest puppy.  (I still haven't figured out how to get her wiggly butt strapped onto the back of my bike.)  But this year, no more!  I will ride like the wind.....  Or at the very least I will commute to and from work.

Unfortunately my lack of riding last season has put my bike in a less than ideal state.  She's dusty and dirty from being in the garage and I'm not sure how her battery is for a charge.  So, this weekend as a way of connecting to my spiritual wellness, I will give her some TLC and see to her needs.  Maybe it will even be my own personal "Zen and the art of motorcycle maintainence".

2 comments:

karin said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day! I love all your Ticker Factory Widgets, I forgot how much fun they are! Have a great day...

joanyspot said...

Heather - You are my hero! Just the thought of getting on a motorcycle makes me nervous. I do love to live vicariously though so keep me informed of your two-wheeled adventures!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin