If you're just joining us, check out the explanation of my "New Life Resolution"
I fell off the wagon this week...hard! I was tired and cranky and hungry for REAL food (WAAAY too much sugar in my diet lately) and I didn't get to the gym enough. So trying to find the time, motivation and material for blog posts was more than I could handle. In order to make amends of a sort, I thought I'd mix things up and share a few of the inspirational quotes I'm planning to put up around me (#66 on my list).
* "This is as true in everyday life as it is in battle: we are given one life and the decision is ours whether to wait for circumstances to make up our mind, or whether to act and, in acting, to live." -Omar Bradley
* "What lies ahead of you and what lies behind you is nothing compared to what lies within you." -Mohandas K. Ghandi
* "Whenever you are asked if you can do a job, tell’em, “Certainly, I can!” Then get busy and find out how to do it." -Theodore Roosevelt
* "There are no menial jobs, only menial attitudes." -William Bennett
* "To have a reason to get up in the morning, it is necessary to possess a guiding principle. A belief of some kind. A bumper sticker if you will." -Judith Guest
* "Faith and doubt both are needed – not as antagonists, but working side by side – to take us around the unknown curve." -Lillian Smith
* "An individual without information cannot take responsibility; an individual who is given information cannot help but take responsibility." -Jan Carlzon
* "There are no uninteresting things, there are only uninterested people." -GK Chesterton
* "What I’ve learned about being angry with people is that it generally hurts you more than it hurts them." -Oprah Winfrey
* "Find something you’re passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it." -Julia Child
* "Remember always that you have not only the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one. You cannot make any useful contribution in life unless you do this." -Eleanor Roosevelt
* "Not in the clamor of the crowded street, Not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, But in ourselves, are triumph and defeat." -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
An extra for someone (you know who you are):
"So what do we do? Anything. Something. So long as we just don’t sit there. If we screw it up, start over. Try something else. If we wait until we’ve satisfied all the uncertainties, it may be too late." -Lee Iacocca