Friday, February 12, 2010

A New Life's resolution - Day #39 (Intellectual)

If you're just joining us, check out the explanation of my "New Life Resolution"


Day #39 - Intellectual

According to www.definitionofwellness.com, "The intellectual dimension of wellness encourages creative, stimulating mental activities. An intellectually well person uses the resources available to expand one's knowledge in improved skills along with expanding potential for sharing with others. An intellectually well person uses the intellectual and cultural activities in the classroom and beyond the classroom combined with the human resources and learning resources available within the university community and the larger community."


In honor of Valentine's day this Sunday, this week is "Hugs, kisses and all my love" week! This week I'm going to share some of the things that rock my world and maybe make me Me.


The 3 things I love in the realm of the Intellectual aspect of wellness are:


1)  The History Channel.  I'm sure I've talked about it before, but I love the History Channel. I love watching about the history of Thanksgiving and the Macy's parades and especially their series on the presidents.  It's like a gold mine for a trivia lover like myself!  They have amazing footage of things that happened before I was alive.  They are able to make all of those boring facts in high school text books come to life and seem relevant to today (which, of course, they are).  If you haven't seen any of their series called "Modern Marvels", you MUST check it out!  Where else can you find out everything you ever wanted to know about vending machines (on tonight at 7 PM)?


2)  Half Price books.  They're books!  They're half price!  Do I really need to go on? .....okay, if you insist, I will.  I love the Kindle that I got for Troy for Christmas and I've even thought about getting myself one.  After all, you can have a new book at your fingertips in an instant.  The problem is it doesn't FEEL like a book.  It doesn't SMELL like a book.  You can't use pretty bookmarks and there are no tattered pages that let you know that that book has been loved.  {sigh}.  I really do love real books.


3)  Jeopardy!.  If you've been following my blog at all for the last few weeks, you've seen me write about Jeopardy!  A.  LOT.  Really.  I won't bore you again.  If you want to read what I've already written, go here.  I hear Alex gets regularly gets marriage proposals despite the fact that he's already married.  Yeah.  I get that.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin