Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A New Life's resolution - Day #30 (Occupational)

If you're just joining us, check out the explanation of my "New Life Resolution"


Day #30 - Occupational

According to www.definitionofwellness.com, "The occupational dimension of wellness is involved in preparing for work in which one will gain personal satisfaction and find enrichment in one's life through work. Occupational development is related to one's attitude about one's work.' Traveling a path toward your occupational wellness, you'll contribute your unique gifts, skills and talents to work that is personally meaningful and rewarding. You'll convey your values through your involvement in both paid and unpaid volunteer activities that are gratifying for you. You'll know when you're on the correct path for career wellness, when your work and hobbies become exciting."

Originally I set up this blog to chronicle my first 101 in 1001 list.  Since then it's grown into a place for me to vent, commiserate with my bloggy friends, talk about my own issues and even share a laugh or two.  At the heart though, it's still about my "bucket" lists.

On July 16th, 2009, I moved onto a new list.  Despite my desire to cross things off of my list, the items on it tend to slip my mind from time to time (101 items is a lot to keep track of, ya know!).  So this week is about paying attention and being aware.  Yesterday, it was about being aware of what my body was telling me.  Today, it's about keeping my list items at the forefront of my thoughts.

What's a better way to do that than to make the list into something I see every day?  This weekend I will do just that.  Stay tuned for the results of my list married to all the creativity available from the cricut!  I can hardly wait to share!

2 comments:

Lia at Petite Little Bee said...

Love your list. Thanks for sharing. Lia

~Melody @ 6 Feet Over~ said...

Lists are my best friends...now, if they'd only pay me a visit more often! lol It's funny...when I was a kid, my mom constantly made lists for us. I fought the lists and then most of my adulthood I fought to make lists. It's a weird struggle I deal with.

~melody~

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin