Sunday, January 10, 2010

A New Life's resolution - Day #6 (Social)

If you're just joining us, check out the explanation of my "New Life Resolution"


Day 6 - Social

According to http://www.definitionofwellness.com/, "The social dimension of wellness encourages contributing to one's human and physical environment to the common welfare of one's community. Social Wellness emphasizes the interdependence with others and nature. It includes the pursuit of harmony in one's family. As you travel a wellness path, you'll become more aware of your importance in society as well as the impact you have on nature and your community. You'll take an active part in improving our world by encouraging a healthy living environment and initiating better communication with those around you. You'll actively seek ways to preserve the beauty and balance of nature along the pathway."

I like people.  Really I do.  Well, at least I do in small doses.  There are some people that I can't get enough of.  There are others I would prefer to never have to interact with again.  But I'm true this is the case for most every person we each meet.

When I was in high school I was pretty good at mixing with just about any group and even as an adult, I think I can make friends with most anyone and try to find the best in most people I meet.  Because of this, I'm going to have to find ways to stretch my Social muscles, as it were.

But for today, I started off small.  After being the liturgist in church this morning, I made sure to stay around and talk to a few people during the fellowship time.  I only see many of the people from church on Sundays, so it's good to spend a few extra minutes with them.  Perhaps as a real way of stretching myself socially, I should actually JOIN the church as a member.  After all, I've been going there for 6 years.  I'm on the finance committee.  I'm a liturgist and usher.

hmmm....maybe I have some committment issues I should be working on.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin