Monday, January 11, 2010

A New Life's resolution - Day #8 (Physical)

If you're just joining us, check out the explanation of my "New Life's Resolutions"

Day 8 - Physical


According to www.definitionofwellness.com, "The physical dimension of wellness encourages cardiovascular flexibility and strength and also encourages regular, physical activity. Physical development encourages knowledge about food and nutrition and discourages the use of tobacco, drugs and excessive alcohol consumption. Physical Wellness encourages consumption and activities which contribute to high level wellness, including medical self-care and appropriate use of the medical system.

So last week I did not do so well on my the "physical" goal I had set for myself.  I did walk a little over 42,000 steps.  That's an average of just over 6,000 steps per day.  MAYBE that's why I'm 280,000+ steps behind, huh?  GULP!  So after a dismal failure like that, there's nothing to do but get back on the horse!
Just before the start of the new year, I joined a gym.  My friend, Rachael, was there, so I'm gonna have to say she was an enabler in this stunning decision!  Even better?  I paid in advance so I "saved" some money.  Now I better get my money's worth!
So, this week, my goal is to make it to that gym and work out for at least 1 hour 5 times this week.  Seemingly that shouldn't be that difficult since before I met Troy, I went to 6 days a week and worked out for about 2 hours each of those days!  A big bonus is that because I got the "elite" membership (or something like that), I get to take a guest with me for no charge EVERY time I go!  It's almost like a buy-one-get-one-free deal.  Sweet!

So, wish me luck and perhaps you could set a wake up call for me.  I've heard it's actually better to work out in the evening, but sometimes it's mentally better for me to get in there in the morning.  If I do, 1) I'm barely awake so I don't feel as much pain and 2) I don't have to mentally kick myself for the rest of the day.

What works to get you moving to workout or make it into the gym?  I'd love some ideas for getting my butt in gear!

1 comment:

Kmama said...

Hi Heather. I'm paying you a return visit. Thanks for stopping by yesterday.

I exercise in the evening, otherwise I would have to get up at 5 a.m. and that just isn't going to happen. Right now, my pants (that strangle me) are motivating me to get on the elliptical and that's about it. ;-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin